Sunday, April 1, 2012

"Thank You"

That's my son's best phrase of the moment! My husband and I clapped our hands (and ears) the first time we heard those words coming out of his mouth. I couldn't believe how quickly he picks up from what we teach and read him. After two weeks, we would still smile from ear to ear whenever he utters, "Thank you", which is more like "Tek you" right now. And he knows how to use the phrase, too! Yesterday, we were out eating with my Mom and sister, Mae's family, including my nephew, Joaquin, when Inigo said, "Thank you" to his Tita Mae, after being given a glass of Dalandan juice. A few times, after nursing him, he would say "Tek you" really quick and get back to playing which makes me laugh hard. After taking a shower (which we do together) he'd bid all his rubber duckies goodbye and say "tek you". The other night, we dropped by at my parents house, where my sister and her family lives, on the way home from a shower party in El Pueblo Ortigas. Inigo got two toy balls as favors from the party and he gave one of the balls to Joaquin. He just doesn't know how to be gracious, he shares too!

I'm both happy and proud to be seeing these good manners coming out naturally from our son. I really hope he saw these traits from his parents. But somehow, I can't help but think that he got his good disposition from my husband, who's been very patient in reading, playing, teaching and hanging out with him all throughout the day, while I'm at work. I've read a little about attachment parenting when Inigo was very young, and ever since, my husband and I would do whatever we can to be as close as possible to our son, and do as many things with him including household chores and co-sleeping. We rarely bring a stroller when going out because we want to be as accessible to him as possible so he won't easily get scared of the outside environment and we can talk to him about what's in the surroundings. I would use a baby sling when I get tired of carrying, but I'd rarely need it because my husband and I love to take turns carrying Inigo. Besides, he doesn't mind walking on his own now, especially at spacious malls and parks.

By the way, April is my husband's birthday month and I'm treating him really special this month. As a start, I am not going to work on the last week of the month until the next month! Yehey to that! Well, it's quite timely since The Yaya is also taking a long vacation to her province.

I have so many plans lined up for the whole month, which includes a nice vacation at the beach, potty training Inigo, and (fingers-crossed) weaning him from breastfeeding. But most of all, I'm doing it for the love of my husband so he can finally get those six to eight hours of sleep, even for just a month! Tek you, tek you, tek you!




We just arrived, and as expected, Inigo would be a little shy here and in the photos that follow



Warming up at the party



Still warming up

He was all smiles when we left the party and couldn't stop running after the other kids. Too bad, there were no photos of him smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment