Monday, March 19, 2012

Ming Yuen Kitchen

Who's not a fan of Chinese food? I guess this post is not for you.

My husband and I consider Chinese food in our top three favorite cuisines. We'd go to Binondo just to devour on dumplings and noodles. There's a flavorful element in Chinese food (I hope it's not MSG!) that keeps us coming back for more. Just like what they say about Japanese food, you'd know an authentic Japanese restaurant when you see a lot of dining Japanese in it. This dawned on me when we tried out a new restaurant in Robinson's Place Malate---Ming Yuen Kitchen. I knew we were in for a pleasant surprise when we saw a number of Chinese people eating there.

During our first visit, we just came from mass and we were so hungry. But since it's a new place, and we were just practically "taste-testing", we opted to order just dumplings and noodles. We had the steamed dimsum in bamboo called Xiao Long Pao. It's my husband's favorite and it tastes divine with soy sauce and chili. We ordered it again when we came back for our second visit.



My husband wanted to order noodles again but I thought we were ready to try out their rice dish. He agreed so we proceeded with our order of salted fish fried rice, broccoli with garlic, and salt and pepper squid. We had our Gong Cha drinks with us so we didn't order drinks there anymore.



Our meal was lovingly prepared as I could taste it as soon as I took a bite of the squid. It was cooked just right and I loved the yellow and green bell peppers in it! The salted fish fried rice and broccoli garlic were also great and just how I like done, not too much drama in presentation but flavorful. I guess the little one also approved of the food.



For this meal, we only paid 660 pesos (drinks exclusive) which was really worth it if you are after a pleasant dining experience with not much fuss.

PS: I guess one of our favorite things in this Chinese restaurant is their wooden high chair. I've always wanted one for our house but couldn't find any that's rightly priced.



I also recommend Gong Cha's Lemon Juice with Aloe. I let my kid have some of mine and he wouldn't let go of it anymore. The top of the glass was sealed and didn't spill even if he kept shaking it. Perfect for those curious little toddlers!

Anyway, I'm really liking the sporty get-up on my son. He's had that shirt since he was nine months old. We got it from Debenhams. His jogging pants and shoes are from Mothercare.

No comments:

Post a Comment