Thursday, May 24, 2012

UP Naming Mahal

I've been meaning to write sooner but things get really depressing when you finally have to leave home and work at your faraway office again. Forty-five minutes going to the office + 8 hours straight work + one to one and a half hours going home. That's ten hours and 15 minutes away from Iñigo. Heartbreaking for a super attached mother like me, I know. So we did a couple of things to bid my one-month work from home arrangement farewell, I bought a blazer and we went to Sunday Car-less Oval at UP Diliman! Being a Malate resident for three years now, it's a real treat for me to go to Quezon City once in a while. With my little family, including a very fun-loving two-year old, it's even more fun to go visit my Alma Mater again.

Iñigo was so well-behaved during the trip. He sat on the car and even let me put on his seatbelt. I say, he was in a really good mood that afternoon. We passed through EDSA and luckily, there was no traffic. I was amazed to see how Quezon Avenue cor. EDSA has changed. There's a new mall there now and lots of establishments. We passed by Quezon Memorial Circle and wished we could be brave enough to pay it a visit soon. I heard there's a nice playground for kids tucked there somewhere.


Being in the UP Campus where I spent four years of college evokes so much good feelings and fond memories. Almost nothing changed, the trees were still luscious green and the smell of grass was addicting.


I suggested we hang out at the park behind the Admin Office and we were not disappointed. It was big enough for our Iñigo to run around and kick the ball we have brought with us. 


We even got to try taho. Iñigo exclaimed, "Eat, eat" upon seeing me and his Dad buying taho from the vendor. So although I have packed some snacks, I let him have some of the delicious soy snack. He loved it but I had to restrict him from having too much as it was a bit on the sweet side. 



He loved the grass so much he didn't mind sitting on it. Seeing him enjoying so much in this green background made me wish we lived in a house with a garden, with well-trimmed grass, trees and plants around.  It made me miss my childhood a bit, too.

Thinking he'd get bored from playing, I packed the bubble machine we recently got on sale. It was perfect in this setting. He enjoyed chasing after the bubbles and I didn't have to worry about cleaning up bubble puddles in our room. Haha! Here he is looking so mesmerized with the "Babows".




The bubble solution that went with the machine lasted a good forty-five minutes of not stop bubble blowing.  Sulit na sulit yung two hundred pesos! Hehe. 
Lots of bubbles, eh? After all, the packaging promised a gazillion bubbles.

And because I can, I'm posting my outfit that day. Top from Betty, Shorts from Juana, Sandals from Payless.


Here's what Daddy wore: Top from Gap, Shorts from Robinson's Department Store, Shoes by Nike.


So after an hour we decided to head back to the car. Must I say, it was perfect timing because it rained soon after we got in the car. We took one last photo of the trees before it rained.


We love UP. We promise to be back. (Play UP Naming Mahal in the background. Fade.)

No comments:

Post a Comment