Thursday, July 25, 2013

Iñigo's 3rd Birthday

The day started early as I had to hand-mix the cupcake batter and this:

Hand-mixed cream cheese frosting
We had the usual chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for the birthday boy's cupcake tower. It turns out that after more than a year of baking at home, I still have a lot of baking skills to improve on. Some noteworthy points for myself 1) The cupcakes were too big for my box because i used the foil baking cups instead of the paper ones 2) some had "fallen" centers probably because i did not set the temperature right 3) i did not use a tip to frost the cupcakes,hence, the lousy outcome. I was not satisfied with my cupcakes and was a tad disappointed that these mistakes had to happen on little one's birthday. I was already thinking of buying a cake but by noon time, I was more relaxed and decided on bringing them. After all, they were baked with love. :)

We dropped by the mall first to have lunch at Italianni's. We had the farmer's bunch and we didn't expect it to be such a feast! There were chicken, ribs, and pasta. And bread! Don't you just love the complimentary bread dipped in vinaigrette in Italianni's? After lunch and a few errands, we head off to Bellevue Hotel in Alabang. We chose this hotel because 1) we rarely visit the south area; and 2) at less than 4k per night (promo on dealgrocer.com) who wouldn't be tempted to spend a staycation there? The hotel has the complete amenities we were looking for: 1) a king sized bed, 2) a tub in the room, 3) a kiddie pool, and 4) gym. A playground would have been nice but our room served this purpose anyway. A big plus for me were the toiletries though. They were imported from Australia and smelled divine.

Kudos Spa toiletries

One of the first things we did upon checking-in was, of course, get in the tub. I let the little one enjoy it until his hands got wrinkly and his lips turn purplish. After the bath, I proceeded with decorating our room. With the little time in my hands, this is what my husband and I came up with:


Birthday decorations  and cupcake tower in the room

For dinner, we ordered fast food. We slept beside the decorations and cupcakes as his actual birthday was the next morning. TBC...

No comments:

Post a Comment